When a person tries to develop an ecommerce website a number of things are needed to be kept in mind. This includes the kind of browser that the customer might use to login to your ecommerce site design. There is a lot of range of web browsers itself.
Many new features have come up with modern browsers which lack in the old browsers. Now in this situation you have two choices. Either you make a website according to the old browsers that looks average in modern browsers or the one that is quite fascinating and have a dynamic appearance in modern browsers.
The best website maintenance services will allow your website to look attractive in all the browsers with easy handling features. Graceful degradation is all about how your ecommerce web design looks in different browsers.
What s Graceful Degradation
Graceful degradation is a technique or a process that creates a good ecommerce site in modern browsers and degrades the appearance gracefully in the old browsers. It thus means:
- Making your site look as much as nice possible in the old browsers even after adding some additional feature of new modern browsers
- Gracefully degrading its appearance means that the quality of appearance will be degraded in old browsers but still the ecommerce web design will be quite approaching to the customer
- It makes your website to look beautiful in modern browser as well as the old web browsers
Another Part of Graceful Degradation: Progressive Enhancement
In graceful degradation where website design and maintenance services is done on the modern browsers and the features are gracefully degraded to the old browsers, progressive enhancement focuses on developing ecommerce site for old browsers and then adding newly features to the modern browsers. It can be thus said that:
- Both of them are one at the same but uses different approaches
- One starts from the modern browsers whereas other from the old ones
- Progressive enhancement focuses on adding few features later on whereas graceful degradation believes in filtering some features gracefully
Pros & Cons Of Graceful Degradation
Now each and every concept in this world is not perfect and has some pros and cons. The case is same with graceful degradation. So, let us have a look towards few pros and cons of graceful degradation:
- It makes the process of creating complicated user interfaces easy and fast providing best website maintenance services.
- It makes the ecommerce developer to focus on website design and maintenance services rather than thinking about the compatibilities and complications.
- This process may sometime led to complications that will increase the development time as well as make the process quite difficult
- Designing applications and ecommerce sites through this approach may make it quite bulky which may fail to leave a good impression on the customers.
So, install these services according to the design and requirement of your website and give the customer the best user experience of using your webpage through different browsers.